
We love Hong Kong! In some ways it's more modern than New York; the subways and buses are so new and clean; the lights and activity is similar to what I imagine Tokyo to be like; but the trees, climate, green mountains, and waterfront reminds me of Honolulu. It's such a great mix. The prices are more like the US than Kris and I care for (and are used to after China), but we're not planning on staying long. The Hong Kong Dollar is similar to the Yuan in exchange rate, but the fact the ATM gives it out in denominations five times higher than in China, gives us an idea of how we'll spend it. Our wallets are looking forward to getting back to mainland China even though we'd love to hang out here longer. I hear there are beaches. I didn't realize how much I missed the ocean until I smelled it again. Maybe we'll go scope them out tomorrow.
Our next stop is Kunming.
No comments:
Post a Comment