Monday, January 28, 2008

Ates (ah-tays)

This isn't a great picture of me, but what else is new--besides, I had to post something. This is me and "Ate" Liza. She's a social worker and house parent at the Consuelo Home. In this picture she looks young and cross-eyed, but she's 24 years old and does really well not bumping into things. I have a great time hanging out and talking with her. She's helped get me telephonically connected (still working out the kinks) and took me shopping for cheap clothes. Fortunately, she was there to comfort me after I discovered that here I'm size XL by reminding me, "oh Nicole, you're not fat... you're obese." Yes, I can tell we're going to be good friends.

She's also lent me a portable DVD player, so while in my bed I've been able to watch better movies than Power Rangers; although, Aeon Flux is debatable. Perhaps a bootlegged Rambo 4 will up the standard?

No comments: